10 Things I Have Learnt Since I Started Training

I have been training for 3 years now and I have learnt an awful lot in that time and what I'm going to do in this article is outline the things that I've learnt along the way, often things that I wish I'd of learnt sooner and I may outline why I wish I wish I'd of learnt them sooner.

1. There are no shortcuts to results. You're not going to put in a week of training and wake up with your dream body. It takes months, often years of hard work, dedication and consistency in every aspect of your training.

2. Getting your diet right is the key to getting results. I could make a bet that 95% of people who train do not know exactly how many calories they are consuming each day, how to measure many calories they are consuming and what items are calorie rich and calorie efficient.

3. In order to burn fat you need to be in a calorie deficit (you need to burn more calories than you consume).

4. By the same measure in order to consistently increase muscle and body mass you need to be in a calorie surplus (you need to consume more calories than you burn).

5. Planning your workout beforehand and then writing down your lifts as you go round is actually smart not geeky. It gives you more accuracy when coming to measure whether you are progressing or not and as the saying goes 'what gets measured gets managed'.

6. Having the best supplementation doesn't matter if your training is shit and having the best training doesn't matter if your diet is shit.

7. You should be on a diet that is sustainable and that you enjoy! If you can't see yourself eating what you are today in a years time then it's probably not the right diet for you.

8. Cardio doesn't always have to be done by covering a distance in the quickest time possible, sometimes its good to give yourself a set time to work for.

9. There is no one-size fits all way of training or dieting. All of our bodies are different, all of our tastes are different, what works best for me may not work in the slightest for you!

10. 99% of what you read in the media about fitness and diet is bullshit! You have to realise that their job is to sell papers, magazines and to gain readers. If you read that you can lose 2 stone in a month by eating only broccoli the truth is that you probably can lose that amount of weight but its not sustainable and as soon as the month period is over and you start eating 'proper' food again the chances are you will pile the pounds back on.

Joey G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The problem with social media.

How the workplace has changed since Covid.

The One Thing You NEED To Eliminate From Your Life